Thursday, February 24, 2011

Technology Self-Assessment: School 2.0

Using a website called Classroom 2.0 I tested my technological abilities and knowledge and reflected on the results. I chose to reflect on NETS I, which is Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning. I thinkg that this is the most important standard.

This activity meets NETS Standard IV.

I chose the reflection results for NETS-T Module: Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity because I believe that all students should have the opportunity to flex their creativity muscles. Creativity is something that we all condone, yet the way we each express it is so different. It is unfortunate that our schools have given up most of the student’s opportunities to explore the world of creativity to focus more on reading, writing, and arithmetic (the three R’s).

I was fascinated when I came across a resource that read, Rock Our World. The title alone seems so intriguing; I had to investigate a little more. Rock Our World, or ROW, was created in 2004. It is a world-wide project that gives k-12 students the opportunity to make music and movies, and even meet online to talk through video chats. This whole program seems like a win-win to me. Not only does this program give students the chance to enhance their technological capabilities but it also allows them to be artistic and think freely. Another experience that it offers is the chance to meet and communicate with other people their age from all around the world. If I were a teacher, this is one program that I would definitely try to utilize.

Check it out for yourself... http://www.rockourworld.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment